If you haven’t heard of Gangnam Style by now, it’s a silly Korean pop song that went spectacularly viral online and has since become tremendously popular.
Its music video on YouTube has more than a billion views. Yes, that’s “billion” with a B.
It’s also spawned a number of versions and parodies, some of which are worth watching and others of which definitely are not.
- Glee did a show choir version. There are also a couple of marching band versions, but I wasn’t able to find one I liked enough to link. Sorry.
- Here’s an Inuit version. This is absolutely great, and incorporates a bit of actual Inuit culture into a silly fun pop song.
- Someone set their Christmas lights to it.
- And finally, there’s a mashup with M.C. Hammer. It works better than I would have expected, which is to say it works to any extent at all.
Any versions you like out there?
- Farmer Style is an awesome one! Well-filmed, tuneful and awesome! (via commenter thrivingmom. Thanks!)