My list of interesting links has once again swollen to monstrous proportions, so much so that my whole computer is threatening to just lie down and cry.
Instead of playing a game of Klingon Monopoly to determine what happens next, I’ll just do the responsible thing and share the links with you folks.
- Shots first. The flu vaccine comes in a variety of flavors this year, and here’s a quick guide to who should get what. I haven’t gotten my shot yet, but I will fairly soon–I come into contact with plenty of aged folks I’d rather not see get sick.
- Redheads next. They’re not going extinct. In fact they’re doing very well, thank you so much for asking. Here’s a quick primer that explains the genetics of red hair a little better than you probably understood it in high school.
- Booms! What would you do with your spare nuclear warheads? You know, in case you have a few just lying around cluttering up the place… (via BoingBoing)
- Booze. The still from M*A*S*H has its own history, which is more complicated than I’d expected from a TV prop. (also via BoingBoing)
- Prions. This is the best explanation and examination of prion illnesses, such as mad cow disease, that I’ve ever read. I recommend it.
- Warning: Side effects. Reading this post has no side effects, but when you tell people a pill has side effects, even if it’s just a sugar pill, quite a few people will get side effects. It’s called the nocebo effect, and it’s pretty interesting.
- And finally, here are some postcards from the future, where we will apparently all be playing underwater croquet. Hey, there are sillier games out there. … probably.