The name of the game is mayhem, today, folks!
- Hatfields & McCoys is a miniseries about the most famous feud in U.S. history, featuring Kevin Costner. Apparently, the McCoys are apparently genetically prone to have von Hippel-Lindau disease, which could make you prone to being angry! However, there have been other feuds that you may not know about, and Wikipedia, bless its heart, has a page for them!
- What happens after an atomic bomb hits? We conducted tests to find out in 1955, and photographed the results of those tests. Sad pictures of scorched mannequins ahoy! (via BoingBoing)
- Collecting rocks on the beach is apparently much more dangerous than I had realized, or at least, it was for one unfortunate woman.
- This may be a picture of the most evil fish alive. Then again, I still think the silver carp are in the running, because what other fish has been known to try to kill people?
- Is Congress getting dumber, or are they just getting better at explaining complex issues in smaller words?
- And finally, tacos have nothing to do with mayhem. They are merely delicious. But did you know there’s a whole history behind them? (via Brainiac)