Apparently, the movie Battleship is about as bad as you would have expected it to be. I have a hard time believing any movie could be as bad as Transformers was, but apparently this hits that low mark, at least according to one reviewer. (Warning: Some mild profanity!) (via BoingBoing)
“So yeah, if the trailers weren’t your first sign, rather than have the movie revolve around naval combat like the board game, and might have actually made a decent film, they chose to have it be Transformers 4, and yet achieves a level of stupidity in terms of plot and script that makes Transformers (any of them) look like Inception, Independence Day look like 2001: A Space Odyssey and Pearl Harbor look like Saving Private Ryan.”
The review’s probably a lot more enjoyable than watching the movie, though.
Then again, it is possible, with a movie as bad as Transformers, that having nails pounded into one’s eyeballs is more enjoyable than watching the movie.
Let’s talk happier links!
- We are living in a golden age of proverbs. And before you laugh, think about it: “If you build it, they will come.” (via the Boston Globe’s wonderful Brainiac blog)
- There is a blog out there devoted to posting pictures of people eating on Law & Order. No, I don’t know why. No, I don’t get it either. (via BoingBoing)
- Have you ever wanted to kill someone using poisoned clothing? I can’t honestly say that I have, but I’d consider it as a writer of murder mysteries. Has it happened before? Snopes examined the question. There was much discussion on Livejournal. And there were also questions about whether it would work to poison someone’s hair. (I don’t know how you could do this without poisoning the person whose hair you’re… poisoning.)
- Sad news: A white buffalo was killed in Texas. Sad and very awful.
- Some highly entertaining and informative audio journalism from the Oil Patch, well worth listening to, that originally aired on Prairie Public Radio in North Dakota.