My collection of links, garnered over days of poking at various websites briefly and putting them aside, has achieved critical mass again, and threatens to shut down all the stuff I’m currently working on if I don’t get rid of some of them by posting them here.
So! For your perusal:
- Here’s a list of books people are now embarrassed to have liked when they were young. While I can’t remember any books that make me feel this way, I am very ashamed to admit that I once really enjoyed watching Kung Fu: The Legend Continues. Yes, really.
- Two things about lead poisoning: One, an advertisement for Ethyl, who was pictured as a monkey rather than, oh, I don’t know, poison that was driving factory workers insane and then killing them. Monkeys are certainly friendlier. (via BoingBoing)
- Here’s a more comprehensive post about the history of lead poisoning, from that which afflicted the Romans and the Japanese to the modern ways we poison ourselves with lead. Yes, we’re still doing it.
- Angry centurions clashed with the police force recently in Rome. Yes, recently.
- I joined Pinterest. … I don’t get it. I guess I’m getting old.
- Here’s a gallery of movie stars without makeup.
- And finally, here’s a gallery of the most beloved animals on TV. Are they missing any? I honestly don’t know.