Just a round-up of links today; my list of things I want to show people is getting a little unmanageable.
- Thailand is flooding, and residents are using some fairly unconventional means of transportation, including water bottle rafts. They’ve also tied their motorcycles to trees.
- Life has a gallery of its worst covers. I can’t help but notice how many of them are Christmas covers; Christmas is a slow news day, generally.
- But here are the best covers. There are a lot more of those.
- Nerds rejoice! There are three new elements on the periodic table!
- Don’t freeze your jeans. It won’t help, and it’s really weird.
- And finally, proof that no matter how bad your day is going, it could be worse.
(Most of these links originally came from BoingBoing.net.)