Here are my past writings on Halloween:
- Happy Hallowthanksmas! How do you cope with the holiday whiplash that comes when stores sell merchandise for all the holidays at once?
- Recollections of The Great Halloween Blizzard, which wasn’t all that great.
- Dread, terror, and the horrible candy of Halloween: What to never, ever give out to kids asking for candy.
Alternately, here are a few Halloween links:
- Ick or Treat: Another list of forbidden candies. These get to be a little controversial and people love to argue about them, but Tammy Swift of The Forum is, as always, hilarious.
- Here’s an explication of the Great Candy Hierarchy, revised from last year’s version, which I also didn’t agree with.
- Graphs can be scary, too.
- A gallery of Halloweens past. Long past, not your past. (Wrong holiday, Christmas Carol lovers.)
- And a gallery of vintage Halloween postcards, via BoingBoing, from the New York Public Library.
- A tale of Halloween poisoning, which is interesting.
- The Sun’s Halloween roundup, with plenty more links!