A few random pieces of amusement for you, many of them garnered from BoingBoing:
- Dogs Don’t Understand Basic Concepts Like Moving, a blog post about trying to move two dogs across the country, one of whom has approximately three brain cells and the other, a neurotic, nervous wreck with an anxiety problem. Complete with hilarious illustrations of one dog’s discovery of how to make food. Posts like this are why I don’t have a dog, by the way.
- Enemy 585 is a platform game (think Super Mario Bros.) in which… you play the platform. I can’t figure out how to get past the first couple of hazards, but you may enjoy the game.
- Which generation do you belong to? An online quiz game purports to be able to tell you what generation you’re from and what year you were born, to within a few years. Mine said I was 3 years older than I am, but that’s pretty close.
- Better Book Titles, a site that renames books with the obvious, self-explanatory titles they should have. (Warning: At least one of the titles is crude, and I’m guessing a few others are as well.) For example: Beowulf is “The Danes Outsource an Exterminator.”
- Finally, here’s a list of iconic newspaper headlines and their front pages. I think they missed the most famous one.